What is Induction Training?
Induction training is a form of introduction for new employees, contractors and site visitors in order to enable them to do their work, efficiently, safely and in line with organisational procedures.
The features of an induction training system include:
- Training in the organisation’s processes, policies and goals.
- A training strategy that shapes the approach to employee development.
- There is a continuous cycle of training analysis, activity and evaluation.
Induction training provides inductees with a smooth entry into the organisation, providing the crucial information needed to get started. The goals of induction training are in line with those of the wider induction process.
The goals of a compliance induction are to:
- Create a positive atmosphere.
- Address any job concerns.
- Increase comfort level and feeling of belonging.
- Increase knowledge of the organisation and it’s procedures and policies.
- Share organisational values.
- Share job specific information.
In larger organisations, human resources and health and safety managers are responsible for producing the induction checklist, the planning and administration of the formal programme, assisting and advising employees.
How is Induction Training conducted?
The induction itself is usually conducted within the workplace, using a computer based Online Induction System. Most effective induction systems these days allow links to be sent out to a new employee or visitor, inviting them to complete the training prior to arrival. Induction training should satisfy two objectives:
- The new employee who wants to be integrated into the social group of the organisation will know about the particular task that they will do within the whole system of the organisation.
- The system should assist in successfully integrating inductees into the specific area of the organisation for which the individual are being trained for.
What is a Online Induction System?
Online Induction Systems harmonise the delivery of Induction training into a consistent and precise format. These usually contain interactive learning modules that are easy to absorb and retain for all learners. In addition learners can work through content at their own pace and employee compliance can be easily tracked through the online system.
Online tracking ensures learners repeat any necessary content until compliance is achieved, ensuring your worker’s full awareness of health and safety protocols while on site guaranteeing a better safer working environment for all. Businesses delivering induction training online have found that the training is far more consistent and efficient, ensuring the staff are fully compliant.
Why companies use Online Induction Systems?
Here are some of the reasons:
- SUITABLE FOR ALL LEARNING STYLES
- CLEAR & CONSISTENT TRAINING EVERYTIME
- ADAPTS EASILY WITH TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCES IN THE WORKPLACE
- USES INTERACTIVITY TO ENGAGE LEARNERS
- SPECIALISED DESIGNER INPUT TO MATCH YOUR COMPANIES BRANDING
- ACCURATE REPORTING FUNCTIONALITIES
An online system can also greatly improve productivity with less time spent training by trainers and staff. Online induction systems can be accessed anywhere globally meaning staff can be inducted in their own time not yours!
An online induction system is easily the most effective way of making sure that your employees are properly inducted and compliant.
Find out the different types of induction systems.
Got a question about compliance Inductions Systems? Contact our team and see how we can help.
Edited by: Sarah Lond