Want to keep your staff motivated?
Organisations regularly target high levels of employee engagement. High levels of employee engagement can translate into higher productivity, fewer safety incidents and higher profitability. Training development programs are the best way that you can help boost staff morale.
So how do training development programs fit into this?
The quality and variety of the training you provide are key for staff motivation. There are many reasons to offer employee training, such as site induction training, training staff on a new system, to career based development modules. Whatever the reasons for employee training, it’s important to develop training development programs within the framework of a ongoing, comprehensive and consistent program. This is essential to keep staff motivated.
These most recent statistics show the importance of training development programs in employment: –
- 42% of employees say training development programs is the most important benefit when deciding where to work (Udemy)
- Offering career training development programs would keep 86% of millennials from leaving their current position (Bridge)
- 91% of employees stick around for at least a year at a new company, and 69% of them stick around for at least 3 years if the company has a well-structured induction program (TLMM)
- Businesses with a strong learning culture enjoy employee engagement and retention rates around 30-50% higher than those that don’t. (Robert Half)
- If a job lacks growth opportunities and avenues for leadership development, 67% of millennials would leave that position (Bridge)
Training equals success…
The best type of training development program is one tailored to the needs of your workforce. The easiest way is to work with staff members, talk to employees responsible for each area of the business and understand their training needs and concerns. Secondly assess samples of staff performance plans and look for consistencies in any needed areas of development. This could be anything from further on-the-job training to addressing site health and safety issues.
- Fun and engaging, instructor-led training modules
- Clear and easy to understand content
- With Q&A / Test sections, to verify whether your employees remember their training material
- Reporting tools, to monitor progress
- Multimedia support, so that you can embed videos, images, and audio to your employee training development program
- Mobile support, so that your employees can access training programs anytime/ anywhere
- Forum and/or messaging support, so that staff can voice their questions and concerns
- Professionally-made content
See 7 Things to include in your training system.
5 Great examples of Elearning systems.
If you’d like specialist guidance on how Induction, Elearning and training development programs can benefit your company. Then contact our friendly team for a no obligation chat.