The busy sales periods are here, but do you know the best way to reach your customers? We take a look at whether Online or TV Advertising is best.
For decades television advertising has been the main source of marketing for businesses. TV advertising seemed to be extremely effective and it reached a huge viewer base that no other medium could achieve.
With the rise of mobile devices and video on demand services, online marketing has evolved significantly over the years, making it a strong contender to rival traditional TV advertising.
So just what are the benefits of online advertising?
- Less expensive – Online and Video On Demand Advertising is significantly cheaper then traditional TV Advertising. Even with a small investment, you can still get all of the features of online marketing and see a positive ROI.
- Targeted – TV advertising has attempted to create targeted marketing but Online and Video On Demand marketing offers more accurate, bespoke target marketing opportunities.
- Scalable – Your business can isolate a small market, and if the campaign is successful use this data on a larger scale or replicate this into different markets based on your particular strategy.
- Tracking – TV advertising has some reporting and analytics capabilities, the Online and Video On Demand campaigns can have almost every action tracked and analysed. From the number of clicks on a web site, searches on Google to viewing analytics, you can use these analytics to find out how your target market reacts to different approaches.
- More features- You can add interactive features into Online and Video On Demand advert, allowing you to guide the viewer directly to your product or service.
- More views- Online and Video On Demand advertising has been found to have a higher viewing rate. For instance 4.9 Billion videos are viewed daily on YouTube alone.
- View-ability – Online and Video On Demand Adverts can’t be skipped, unlike traditional TV Advertising whereby viewers can simply switch channels, meaning people are guaranteed to see your message.
Should You Pull the Plug On TV Advertising?
No, every business has a different target market after all. We advise you research your audience first as many demographics are better suited to TV advertising the Online. For instance you wouldn’t put an advert for mobility aids on a YouTube video.
We recommend supplementing your TV ads with complimentary digital ones, creating one big picture that viewers can tie together. Google recommends you shift at least 24% of your TV budget to Online for maximum success.
What are the benefits of TV Advertising?
- TV advertising is 28% cheaper then 10 years ago
- Commercial TV reaches 91.9% of the UK every week
- 47% of website visits were generated by paid TV advertising.
- 86% of TV in the UK is watched live
- Including TV advertising in a campaign increases its effectiveness by 40%, making it the most effective medium
- TV advertising is the best for generating top-line growth that drives profit, with a 2.6% average market share point gained per year when using TV advertising
- 42% trust advertising on TV when compared to any other medium.
See also: –
Find out more about our: –
We have built a rock solid reputation in the industry and can offer an unbiased view across multiple platforms such as social networks, online video services, video on demand and of course television, to get the best solution for any campaign. For further advice contact our team.